Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Weekend!

I was so proud of myself for posting two days in a row, then I missed the next two days. So goes life.

Brian's only day off now is on Sat., so we take advantage of family time on that day as much as possible. With the huge building project going on at church, it really isn't as often as the kids and I would like though.

This past Saturday, we headed to Branson to Silver Dollar City; some friends of ours was singing in a Single Mic Competition and we were hoping to get to see them. We got up early (not as early as planned, but earlier than normal) to get there before the crowds. We ended up leaving here about 10:00 or so, and got there about 11:30-12:00. We usually park in parking lot 5 or 6, but we got motioned all the way past parking lot 6. We got to parking lot 7 and drove all the way through it, crossed the highway and ended up in some hole on the side of the road. There were men in yellow vests waving to everybody to tell them where to park. We finally got parked and caught the bus back up to the park, and they told us we were in parking lot JD, like, just dirt. We rode the bus for about 5-7 min. to get back to the park. So, needless to say, we didn't get there before the crowds. :o)

We went in and checked things out. We got a map/schedule to see when the competition started. We found out where it was and started walking that way to see if we could "spot" our friends. Sure enough, when we got to the Opera House there some of them sat on the rock wall. So, we stayed and talked to them for just a few min. We found out when they were going to be singing and then we went on.

After we left there the kids were ready to ride rides. So, we headed to the rides. I'm so glad my kids are getting old enough to ride "big" rides with their dad now. Brian loves to ride roller coasters and stuff like that, but I am terrified and would not step foot on one for any amount of money. So, for almost the whole 15 years of our marriage he hasn't ridden any roller coasters. Not because I don't "let" him, because I always try to get him to ride, I tell him I don't mind waiting and I wish he would do things he likes, but because I won't, neither will he. He says, he doesn't like waiting in line and riding by himself. So, that is why I am so glad the kids are getting bigger and wanting to try bigger rides and they are loving it. Bret rode the Powder Keg with Brian, and all four of the kids, yes, all four, even Carrie, rode Thunderation. Brian did have to ride one by himself. Bret "accidentally" rode Wildfire with his dad last time, and he claims he is still sick from it. I am having my doubts, but I think it scared him pretty bad, he will not get back on it. But Brian wasn't hesitant to wait in line and ride by himself this time. I'm glad, because they all had such a good time.

You may be thinking, what do you do, since you don't ride rides. I stand on the sidelines and take pics when they come in and out of the starting gate. And Carrie is too small to ride rides by herself, so Brian takes her on the "big" rides, and when we go down to the kiddie section, she still has to ride with someone, so I ride all the kiddie rides with her. You know, the ones that don't leave the ground. I'm brave, I can handle those. tee hee. I just enjoy watching my family have such a good time, and I am happy just following along behind as they run from ride to ride.

Later that afternoon, we headed back to the Opera House to hear our friends sing in the competition. After wards we got to visit with them for a few min. and catch up a little. By this time it was after 6:00. We hadn't eaten anything ALL DAY, me and the kids were starved. So, we headed out to leave the park. We went in to Branson and ate at the Grand Country Buffet. We had such a good time eating, talking and laughing with each other. We looked around and noticed the workers back and forth working busily doing their jobs, but that there wasn't anybody else around anywhere. A guy walked by and we asked what time they closed, he said, "Oh, we're closed now, but y'all stay as long as you like." We had closed the place down.

We finally got gone from there and headed home, but not before stopping by Wal-Mart. In our Sunday School class we always have doughnuts and chocolate milk for our class, so we had to stop by and get those so we didn't have to leave extra early Sunday morning to run to Wal-Mart before church.

We ended up getting home around 11:00. I was very proud of myself. We all had baths, minus Brice, because I never could get him awake, and were in bed by midnight. A huge task with 6, make that 5, people in less than an hour.

Sunday Morning rolls around and I felt like the night was so short, and I had barely slept at all. I didn't feel good, but I got up and around to go anyway. I had to get Brice up for his shower, since he had missed it the night before. We had a great day in Sunday School, and then in Children's Church as well. We went out to lunch with Mom and Dad. We came home and I laid down to take a nap, once again, WAY to short. Went back to church, Brian preached on Jonah. Had ice cream with Mom and Dad, came home, put the kids to bed, went to bed myself.

And that was the extent of my two day week end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love roller coasters, but if I went now, I couldn't ride anything. If we ever go, I'll wait with you! :)

Our Move to OK

As most of you know we just moved to Tulsa, OK. We've been here almost a month now. We absolutely love it here. Our journey to today ...