Monday, April 29, 2013

What is this world coming to?

We went to Springfield last night to pick up Courtney from a friends house and on the way home Brian was listening to the radio.  The hourly news came on and I was barely listening to it, but then something caught my attention.  They were talking about a bill out of TX that would allow physicians to make the call whether a patient should be resuscitated or not, without previous consent from the patient or a family member.  It would be the doctors call, based on whether death was eminent or whether there would be no point to revive the patient due to the quality of life being less than fulfilling.  SERIOUSLY???  When did Dr.'s become God.  Brian said, "That is nothing more than euthanasia, and that is our great "Obama-Care" at work.  As I sat there listening to this news story, I told Brian it is getting to the point you don't want to go to the hospital or the Dr.  You never know what they are going to give you or if they are even going to "allow" you to live.

Then today, I was on FB and saw this post telling about a couple losing their 5 month old baby to Child Services for wanting a second opinion on his health care.  Read the story here.  Do we not have ANY control over what goes on in our lives and the lives of our families?  It's getting very scary out there.  

Another instance of how little control we actually have.  I was talking to a friend of mine just yesterday and she was sharing with me that they will be pulling their son out of public school because he came home asking about a class they had.  Unbeknownst to the families of the children, the school held a diversification class to teach all these first grade kids about all the different kinds of families that are in our world today.  It is normal for a family to have 1 mom or dad or even 2 moms or 2 dads.  When one little girl spoke up and said her mommy says marriage is only between 1 man and 1 woman, the teacher told her, "Well, your mommy is wrong."  UGH!!!!!  When the families of these children got together and asked the teachers why they weren't given a warning of this class and a chance to opt their child out, the response was that this is not optional, the kids need to know of all the different types of families and the way the world works.  

Just with these 3 instances, it is coming to the point we are losing our freedoms. 
1. To feel safe in a hospital.  We don't know whether the doctor is going to decide were not worth keeping.
2. If we take our kids to the doctor and decide we want a second opinion, will our child get taken away from us, because the doctors "know better than we do".
3. We don't have the freedom to teach our kids what we believe, and what the Bible says, without someone coming in and telling them differently and trying to tell them what we have told them is wrong.  
(Prime example why I keep my kids at home)    

I'm not a political person.  I do vote.  I do have my opinions.  I'm just not vocal about a lot of my opinions unless provoked.  I know what I'm willing to fight for.  I'm not foolish, or naive.  I know what is going on in the world, sometimes I just choose not to acknowledge it for my own sanity's sake.  I know we are in the end times, but the Lord doesn't tell us how much we are going to have to go through before he returns to get us.  He only tells us he will never give us more than we can bare.  So, how much more will we have to go through, and how bad will this world actually get before he comes back to get us?  

I guess this is just a "random rambling".  Thoughts that our on my heart and mind today.  

Dixie  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I try not to think about it, too, for my sanity. I'm naturally a worrier and I know that's wrong. I guess to find the bright side we can think that soon we will all be in Heaven! I'll see my Dad again! :) It's so good to read something from you. Keep it up! :)

Our Move to OK

As most of you know we just moved to Tulsa, OK. We've been here almost a month now. We absolutely love it here. Our journey to today ...