Tuesday, December 16, 2008

FINALLY!!!

Some Christmas Spirit.
I FINALLY got my tree up. That was an ordeal in and of itself. I got up Friday morning early and was going to have the actual tree put up so when the kids got up they could help me decorate it. I got up, got dressed, went in the kitchen and got everything out, and got started. The big metal piece that actually holds the tree limbs, was gone. So, I bundled up and went out to the garage to look for it. I couldn't find it any where. Brice was up, so I told him we were going to have to wait till Bret got up and may be he would know where it was, because he helped Brian unload the truck, and I KNOW he had it when we unloaded, because he brought it in the house and asked if Brian had brought the tree in here or out in the garage. So, sure enough, he got up and I told him the situation, he went right out to the garage and brought it right in. So, we commenced putting up the tree. Got it all put up, it looked good, went to put the lights on it, NONE of my lights worked. I had 1 strand that 1 color worked. I had 1 strand that all BUT 1 color worked. I had 2 strands that wouldn't light at all. And I had 2 or 3 strands that we had outside last year, and they worked but none of them blinked. So, I put one of those blinkie bulbs in them then they all went out. So, I said FORGET IT. I went over to the Dollar General to see if they had any lights. They had a bazillion CLEAR lights, and 1 box of colored lights. By this time I was getting so frustrated I couldn't see straight. I just came home and called it quits on the tree. Brian and I were going in to town that night to do some Christmas shopping, so I would get some lights then. NOPE, in the excitement of shopping and being out ALONE, with NO kids for the evening, I forgot all about the lights. On Brian's way home from work Saturday he picked up some lights. So, FINALLY, we got lights on the tree late Saturday night. Then the tree sat ALL DAY Sunday, blinking pretty lights, with NO decorations. We FINALLY got it decorated yesterday. So, the tree is DONE. THANK GOD!!!

We are going to IL to be with Brian's family for the holidays, but we always like to have Christmas with our kids before we go. So, we have set aside this coming Friday, the 19th, to have our Christmas here at home. That is why I have been in such a tizzy to get everything done. Brian and I got our Christmas shopping done last night as well. So, now I can sit back and breathe a bit of a sigh of relief. But now comes all the wrapping and all that good stuff. BUT, at least I don't have to get out in that cold, cold weather again for a while.

I am getting more in the Christmas spirit. There for a while I didn't think I was going to get it at all. But things are coming along better now.

I hope all of you are enjoying your pre-Christmas traditions, whatever they may be.
Until next time.
Dixie

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm so happy your tree is up. I sure wish you were heading our way for Christmas, but I'm glad you get to see family.
I miss you!

Our Move to OK

As most of you know we just moved to Tulsa, OK. We've been here almost a month now. We absolutely love it here. Our journey to today ...