Thursday, December 4, 2008

Settling In

We are slowly but surely getting settled in. It is much slower than I would like, for sure. I finished my kitchen on Saturday, which is the most important thing. Of course Sunday with church and everything, we didn't get much done. Brian started to work on Monday, so I was left at home with the kids to fend for myself. I set up the boys' bedroom, put up their bunk beds, unpacked and organized things the way I wanted them. So, they are done. I started to work on the girls' room, and got it almost completed, but couldn't figure out how to put Courtney's rails for her bed together. So, I did what I could and left that for Brian to do when he got in. Tuesday, I finished in Courtney's room, unpacking, and organizing things in there. I finally got that done. Tuesday night when Brian got in he FINALLY got my washer and dryer in and hooked up, so Wednesday I spent the majority of the day doing laundry. I have been doing laundry every day since. Wednesday I also worked some on my bedroom. I organized my closet, and emptied out a few boxes here and there. My living room is still piled to the ceiling with stuff that needs to be moved to the garage. I have been waiting for Brian to kinda head that up, and may be he can get to it this week end. I really want to get things done, I don't even have my Christmas tree up. Do you realize it is less than 3 weeks till Christmas now. UGH!!! And I don't have ANYTHING done.

Well, I guess that is about all for now. I will let you know when we finally get everything done. IF we get everything done.

Talk to you again soon.
Dixie

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Bless your heart! I wish I could be there to lend a helping hand. Sounds like you are doing really well, though! You put up bunk beds?? I'm impressed for sure! :)

Our Move to OK

As most of you know we just moved to Tulsa, OK. We've been here almost a month now. We absolutely love it here. Our journey to today ...